Monday, January 24, 2005

My sideburns are dark

Hello,

I hope all of my east coast friends have stayed indoors with some hot chocolate and made it through the blizzard. they show it on the tvs here and it really is crazy how much snow is there.

i can't believe i've spent a month in sardegna. it's been a good month with a different kind of travel. staying with the family and then at the farm has been interesting. i think i've been spoiled with amazing food (il pandoro will not be forgotten) and a family atmosphere. i've been lucky though and i think it may continue for another month. two weeks with the brother should be really cool and its going to be good to see him. oh, and i've passed my six month mark on the 19th of Jan. I'm more than halfway over with my trip now, with five months and some number of weeks and days left. its one of those weird time is going so slow but then so fast at the same time.

my italian is better, i think. today i picked up a Topolino (mickey mouse) book and understood most of it. the pictures help but i'm most happy about seeing all the different verb tenses and understanding them now. also interactions with shop people, post offices, and other places are going much better. still it helps when i wear my beanie because they can't see my hair. luckily my sideburns are dark and they don't assume i'm american, english, or german.

honestly, right now, i'm the most smelly on the trip as of yet. the last time my clothes were washed (thank you italian family in Sini) was on the 6th. thats not so bad, the bad part is that i've been farming in my clothes for 10 days. they look dirty, feel dirty, and when i move in certain ways they smell dirty--well, they smell dirty all the time, but i can only smell them at certain times. job for tomorrow before my flight: wash clothes. (or job for england as soon as i get there...although washing them with the euro would make me much happier than a wash with the pound...crappy dollar...)

have a good day
your friend

chad


No comments: