Friday, September 17, 2004

Leaving Wellington

I don't have much time because i have to catch my boat soon. Wellington has been so neat, and it sucks to leave on such a nice day.

Yesterday was pouring rain for most of the afternoon. I met Lin for the last time and since it was such crap weather we saw catwoman at the movies. Not the best movie i've seen; it was actually pretty slow and boring. We had an early dinner and for dessert she made something that was a traditional chinese dessert. It was some kind of white squishy ball with black liquid inside, all in sugar water. It was good, but a very different taste than i am used to. it was a bit difficult to finish.

I'm bummed to leave the hostel here. All the chill music, chess games, and good real conversations. I may meet Jurgen, an english guy, in london when i'm there. but you have to move on i guess, and i may meet Katja, a cool german girl, in nelson today or tomorrow. Its a strange feeling to never really know what is going to happen. One interesting thing that came out of staying at this hostel: every country i go to now, i'm going to send a postcard to a prisoner in florida. Its weird how things work out, but the hostel manager here has a prison pen pal. He's interested in geography so i'll be sending him postcards that have different information about the places i go. I think its kind of cool to be sending mail to a bank robber.

I've got to go catch my boat now. Have a good day.

your friend,

chad

No comments: